channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

When A Lover Is Also A Partner In Crime?

The answer for the question above is when meeting the parents.

Meeting the parents, especially for the first time, is never an easy business. In fact, it would involve lots -if not little - monkey business as to make a good, first impression.

Why, oh why, do we all care to give a good, first impression to our parents on someone we're dating? Is it truly safer to date someone of our parents' approval at our very aged age? We're not 5 anymore for God's sake, who would still need approval to play with a stranger kid in a sandbox at a park! But we do. At least I just did.

I just composed a scenario with a lover of mine on how we first met. We are one of those couples meeting through the so-called cyber world. (Don't most people meet their partners through the Internet nowadays ?) I know there are a lot of phony people on the Net, and it took months for us to get to know each other by having real conversations before we agreed to see each other. And I believe that somehow humans are bestowed with this special gift (call it instincts, as you may!) to sense if a person is real.

But still, I chose not to let my parents know about the real path that brought us together. My lover (somehow I prefer to refer him that, instead of the usual term 'boyfriend!:D "lover" sounds to have more intrigues, just like our affair is!) doesn't actually agree to lie about this, but he's willing to do it for me anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT