channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, December 27, 2004

Question of Faith

Most of adult relationships I’ve ever had are long distance. It’s funny because when I was younger, I never thought I would be willing to date someone over the ocean on a different time zone. The idea was even so absurd to me back then!

But for an adventure-hungry (international) whore like me, I then find it challenging to make a long distance relationship work. It’s tiring and involves everything extra (from expenses to patience and faith), but I think when my partner and I could survive it, we could survive any shits coming our way – though I failed many long distance relationships before!

My friends always ask if I ever get jealous or suspicious of what my partner really does across the ocean. They mean, if he’s of all time being true to me. Well, though I’m not the jealous kind, I must admit it’s difficult to give a yes/no answer. I can’t be naïve that there are never temptations or the opportunities of not being true to me - some stupid bitch living in a third world country so far way.

All I can do is blindly believe that he’s not gonna answer the temptations or grab the existing opportunities. While blindly believing, my evil-side forces me to anticipate by maintaining existing safety nets within reach. It’s my unspoken way of saying to my partner that if he cheats on me, I can also possibly do the same. He doesn’t have to know that I do have some safety nets, it’s enough for him to know that I can make men’s eyes turn to me easily, if I want to.

But I assure my curious friends that I’m not gonna start sleeping with someone else, unless my partner starts ‘the war’. I was born under Leo zodiac, so faithfulness is my forte!;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT