channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Don't Blame It On The Rain

I learned this morning that as much as you can have the privilege to blame all the wrong things happened to you on the rain, or any other natural phenomena, or simply on others, but actually the blame is still more on yourself.

Out of routines, I stopped at a 24/7 Oh La La Cafe on my way to work. I thought I wanted to have a good day today, so I needed a good beginning. And a good beginning could mean a nice cup of caramel latte along with a chocolate croissant. Knowing it's something I didn't normally do was enough to get me feel uplifted. Let alone sipping the aromatic coffee with luscious caramel and milk in front of computer while checking my incoming emails.

I should've not let my hopes too high like so many other times before. While I was at the counter, my hope was shattered when the waitress told me they didn't have any more chocolate croissants left. So I had to be content with a beef and cheese pastry, which of course, was too heavy for my morning meal plan, for I'm gonna have a heavy lunch later today at another restaurant opening.

After 15-minute waiting for my orders, I already couldn't wait to reach the office as fast as possible that I didn't give a damn about the coffee cup's lid. The straw hole was wide open that eventhough the cup was tightly closed, still it leaked. The open air also caused the hot coffee lose its heat. If Joey of Friends has an absolute law of never sharing food, then mine is less hot coffee to start a day!

I just realized all that when already in a bus and saw the light brown coffee liquid all over the transparent plastic bag I had been carrying. It wetted my pastry bag as well, that yes, my breakfast was soaked. Had I known it when I was still at the coffee shop, I would have been bitchy about the open wide straw hole that ruined my good day's beginning!

But it was my fault. So I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT