channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, April 11, 2005

Christmas Carols in April

Each time I have a human conversation with you or simply read your text messages, it feels like listening to Christmas carols in April. (Like those I happened to listen when having breakfast at a hotel's coffee shop) Christmas is always nice. It becomes even nicer with the eternal songs to spice up the occasion. But listening to them in the bright daylight's sunshine of April is so out of place. The songs do still remind me of some highlights of my childhood memories revolving around Christmas time. Indeed they do. But when listening to them other than in rainy December, it feels like the first time realizing Santa Claus wasn’t real, love was supposed to be hurt, or happiness didn't exist.

So please, do not make me feel like listening to Christmas carols in December if you know you’d only make me feel like listening to Christmas carols in April by each conversation and text message. Might as well not give me any Christmas carols at all.

I beg thy mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT