channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, April 11, 2005

One-Day Date

Sitting alone in a hotel room on Sunday morning, I watched a TV show called “One-Day Date”. It’s a one-day date between a fan and a celebrity. It’s a blah blah show, of course. An absurd show which I had no choice of watching since I didn’t have better things to do. Well, I could’ve gone to explore this capital of East Java I’ve been stranded for straight 10 days, but I was too lazy to get up from bed.

Back to the show. This girl fan and some so-called famous star of some so-called famous advertisement met and they got to spend one whole day together doing things lovers do: going places (by bus, which was also my idea of having a cool date!), holding hands (my thing also!), getting a haircut together (kinda cute to have someone to do with together!), asking each other’s comments on sunglasses they wanted to buy (everybody needs somebody when it comes to buying sunglasses, indeed!), and having dinner at a fancy restaurant housed on a penthouse of a high rise building (that's my favorite place to have a first date!).

Though it’s a stupid show, but it got me thinking that if only every couple knew they would only be together for such a short period of time - instead of thinking every relationship should last forever - then maybe there would be no heartaches in this world, which is great, isn’t it?

At the end of the show, they ought to give each other gifts. The girl gave the boy she adored the CD he had been looking for, while the boy only gave her a small, heart-shaped pillow with ‘I love you forever’ written on it.

Hah. How typical. Girls apparently always give a little to much, don't they? Like they give boys their hearts and would only receive heartaches in return. Why oh why?

The stupidest part of the show was when he said to the adoring girl fan that the writing on the small pillow described what he felt for her. Yea right, that’s what one would feel within a course of one shallow day. Well I’m sorry, what I saw on TV was very much different with what Celine and Jesse had when they spend a day in Vienna in the movie Before Sunrise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT