channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Picky Me

Here's my typical restaurant fuss:

I: I'd like to have a waffle. Make it half-cooked. Do not put the syrup on top of the waffle, but serve it separately in a small cup instead. I'd like to pour it by myself. And do you normally garnish the waffle?

Waiter: No, ma'am.

I: Good. Cause I don't like garnish on my waffle. Unless you have strawberries, put them on the side. Not on top of it. And by the way, do you perfectly understand my idea of half-cooked waffles?

Waiter: (looks confused)

I: Well, I like thick waffles, so pour the mixture richly into the waffle iron. Richly. What I meant by richly is about this thick (raises a forefinger finger and a thumb of my right hand to form a 5 cm gap between them) It's enough to bake the waffle for 3 to 4 minutes. That if you use a normal size of waffle iron. If you use a larger one, bake it for at least 5 minutes. But if you use a small size of waffle iron, 2 minutes are more than enough.

Waiter: (he might silently curse 'BITCH'!!!)

I like waffles so much that I think I have every right to be fussy when it comes to have a good waffle. Maybe that's why too I've been stamped and labeled 'too picky'. And yes, I'm guilty as charged. I'm even pickier to have another I-miss-the-day-we-met-and-all-that-followed-after kind of laments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT