channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Someone Said Heavy Words When I Was Heavily Drunk

It was the first early morning in the new year. But it wasn't the break of the dawn just yet.Yes, exactly like what Franky says in one of his hits: Wee Small Hours of Morning.

I was heavily drunk that night. After the counting down and throwing the confetti rituals at some eatery high up in the sky, I already had too much to drink. I was with someone at that time. His arms were around me the whole time. After the mundane counting down to New Year ritual, he then took my hand and we went down to a dark, packed room full of mostly teenagers. Half drunk teenagers, to be exact. I remembered kissing him a lot there between Long Island Iced Teas and very loud trance music.

When the party was over, my world was completely spinning. I vaguely remembered he held me and brought me safe and sound home. Not just that, he also undressed me, tucked me into a warm blanket and whispered to my ear softly "I love you" as gently stroking my messy hair badly smelled of nicotine.

That someone had never said the same three words the whole time I was sober. And he had only said them that one time.

He said the heavy words when I was heavily drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT