channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Grammatical Error

"Car Check for Your Secure"
That's what written on a piece of board put in front of a main gate of a hotel establishment I happened to pass through today.

Many non-English conscious or those with broken English but still insist on using the language, might not be able to differ nouns from verbs, though sometimes those two word classes have the exact same forms.

Taking a good look at myself, I too can't differ forms at times. Like the other day when I spent one of the 2-quick-hours' times in my life looking at a beautiful smile of a rather fine male specimen and swimming in his calming pair of dark eyes while talking over a cup of awful coffee, I couldn't differ if it's my hope and it sprang beyond my grip, or it's just a prelude to another crack in my heart.

Soon after, as if whoever writing that announcement on the board I saw today finally had the modesty to consult an English dictionary and admit the grammatical error, I too found my error and admitted to myself that it was just my heart on the floor once again.

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger marianne said...

This post assured me that I should really end it all and throw myself at the remorse of starving crocodiles. Why write anymore? When there's you???

My tears (upon this very post) were silent. My heart broke yet again. But my hand reached out to hold yours. Have they arrived?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT