channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, August 29, 2005

You're Deleted

I deleted you from my to-do list
I'm not gonna answer those one-word texts
solely containing my name ever again
I deleted you from my laughing stock
You could no longer make me smile from ear to ear
I deleted you from my wish list
I don't want to feel my insulin levels skyrocket
everytime you make me feel good

I deleted you
And I didn't even sigh.

But funny, after I actually did that,
To my amazement,
I began to like the city you live in.
I learned to love it, to be exact.
Guess I then channeled my enormous loving ability to your city
By the time I realized you'd always denied me
that particular talent of mine.

Think of those windy nights
we could've been in each other's arms
But it's too late
Cause you're deleted.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lorena said...

i'm confused, is everything ok??

still like the concept of deleting someone (like the film 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind) still the message of that film was that the memory of love never fades. wait a minute do you need to be hearing this?

great writing :)

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

Yes darling, everything's under my claws. It's that gold Durex guy I'm talking about in this post. Simply another frog trying to fool me that he's a prince. After half my life practising to differ frogs from princes, I know a frog when I see one.

The only problem is, frogs always come in the form of princes that it's always too late for me to recognize them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT