channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

One Big Joke

A text sent at 10:50:39 PM when I was eating a wonton noodle at a glorious place hidden in the old part of the city says:

"Baby I miss you when I am not in view of you. I miss you when I put the phone down. I miss you when I stop texting you. I miss you when I can't picture you in my mind. It is not the constant communication that has led me to feel the way I do for you. It is the woman I have got to know. The sweet, thoughtful, funny, well-read, articulate, motherly, sexy, and attractive that you are that has led me to develop these feelings of love for you."

Life is one big joke. I choked on my wonton. My borrowed-heaven wonton. I wish I was still that 18 year old girl, who could perceive the term 'love' without any hints of phobias. And yet I'd like to believe it.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger Lorena said...

i don't like hearing the word 'love' to soon. it scares me. is that what you are feeling?

now if it wasn't too soon than what a sweet text.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT