channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Waiting In Vain

It took me one hour alone, which included 5 times of restarting my lap top, countless times of moving the USB cable from one port to another, and not to mention uncountable swearing words, just to connect to the Internet.

As if it hadn't been enough, then I had to get through another hour just to upload the last holiday pictures to some free photo album site. Twenty pictures at once. Twenty pictures in an hour. "It's a free service," I kept telling myself to keep me from banging a hammer into a piece of portable machine which sadly, I haven't even finished paying.

While waiting for the pictures to finish uploaded, I went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. Caffeine should've done me good, so I thought. Little did I remember that due to constant traveling for the past one month, I hadn't done any grocerie shopping that I practically ran out of everything for my daily survival needs. No coffee left, I thought I would be content sipping a cup of green tea. But when I turned on the stove, no fire came out, which was a sure-fire sign that it was running out of gas.

Boy, was I patient enough for a mortal?

Having done lots of waiting practice, and if practice does make perfect, it shouldn't get on my nerves how someone, who has been showering me with the L word for the past 2 months along with a sound-convincing promise to hold my hand, suddenly just disappeared on me for almost a week now. I should just wait patiently till he reappears and feeds my hungry soul with the sugar-coated L word again. Just like I patiently waited for my Internet to get connected or my holiday pictures to get uploaded. It should be as simple as that.

Besides he could be lying unconsciously while treading the thin line between life and death in an Intensive Care Unit room. Or he could also be lying black and blue with dried wounds all over his body in some public hospitals' morgue. I do hope he's in a morgue, though. Someone's car or folded knife should hit him first or I would come up to him and stab him all over myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT