channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Blame It On Their Youth

If eyes are the windows of the soul, then I say that Friendster is the window of how juvenile green someone actually is.

Without having to look at the age field in the profile, when reading such names as NaDz LiCiouS, DyaNz, SoOpaFly, '-dheedhee-', - NoVaMaNieSz - , or -YuLLee- , 9 out of 10 chances are, the bearers of the names mentioned can't exist on Planet Earth for more than 25 years old of age.

What's with the combination of capital and small letters? And what's with the rewriting the names in the manner of R&B singers from the ghetto? It's still fine if that ludicrous combination of letters is used only for the names. Some people have a hidden agenda of killing those reading their profiles by writing every field using the DreaDFul lEtteR cOMbin4TIon.

And what's with the insatiable hunger to get testimonials and more friends on the list by begging people to 'add me: so and so at so and so dot com'? How I have the itch to scream at their face that like respect, testimonials are earned, not expected!

Maybe I should scream at myself that between tight deadlines, I still have plenty time on my hand to observe the so-called YouTH MisDemeAnOR.

5 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger marianne said...

really, dearest, i also had a moment of revelation about this particular goosebumps-raising thing. they hurt my eyes so bad that i gave up reading anything after three seconds.
i also cannot stand people in friendster who exclaimed that they were indeed "Sashanya Bowo" (so fucking what? i don't yell at anyone that i shag john cusack on a daily basis, albeit in my dreams), or "Dhini XV" (yes, he/she had fifteen friendster accounts, and that was even like a year ago, so i can't bear to think how popular he/she is now).

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

Friendster oh Friendster.

The site has helped someone I know make use the most of his gold Durex condoms.

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls,

Most people are narcist.

I my self, have to admit that I enjoy hearing people talking good about me, rather than the other way around..

People like to be the center of 4tt3ntIOn, people don't have much time to go out and find a partner, people don't have enough confidence to make a move or two, and people..oh people..

Chika,
I have plenty of gold Durexs. Friendster, here I come! :D

Cheers,
Lbxv

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger yb said...

Have you ever seen LA Story, the Steve Martin movie? Sarah Jessica Parker plays SanDeE* Hmm, I wonder if that character is on Friendster...

btw, yes I am a random, I clicked next blog and there you were :-)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Eko Widyasmoro said...

oh, how we are getting old....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT