channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Subliminal Typo

During writing about traditional roast turkey, I was meaning to write "jeroan" (animals' intestines), but what was typed by my confused fingers spelled: "j-e-r-o-e-n".

Ah that name is so last year!

This time last year, I was so looking forward to welcoming a big jar painted in typical Delft porcelain motif containing glorious Verkade (Dutch cinnamon cookies). But sadly, the story between myself and the cookie jar carrier ended before I even got to eat the last bite of the cookie.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger marianne said...

short and painfully true!
as if our own fingers conspired against us. as if we needed another reminder. as if we had a new bandage!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

I wonder how much longer we should nurse these wounds before being able to move on.

Nobody warned us how hard it is to move on when our fingers seem to even have their own brains. The brains that have the full autonomy of what to do, what to think, what to remember, and what to forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT