channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Friday, January 28, 2005

History Repeats Itself

There are times in life I unconsciously repeat the pattern of certain things. Let's take breaking up with every guy I spent New Year's eve with, as an example. (Did I just say "break up" again? Oh well ... never mind!)

Anyway, I just don't know why I always ended up in romantic-ala-honeymooners'-nest sort of places right after I broke up. (There, I said it again... broke up, broke up, broke up!) And I always ended up finding my sanctuary of my so-called-ruined 'great expectations' in Jogja.

After ending an episode with P, in order to cheer me up, a concerned best friend took me to Jogja for a vacation. And guess where we stayed? Dusun Jogja Village Inn, whose most of the rooms' occupants were couples on their honeymoon! We saw a lot of couples kissing at their private balconies, in the pool, by the pool on pool's loungers, at restaurant's tables... everywhere! Well, OK, they're so much in love, but get a grip, people!!! There are also people around who are out of love or not with their partners!

We also stayed one night at Queen of the South in Parangtritis. It's a gorgeous beach resort stands proudly on top of a cliff. Again, honeymooners go there and express their still-hot-sugary love for each other everywhere around the resort.

I remember waking up very early that morning. My friend was still asleep, but I couldn't go back to sleep, though I tried so hard. So out of the cottage off I went, with a walkman containing Andrea Bocelli casette. When I stepped outside, it was a bleak, windy morning with a rain shower. I went to the porch where I could see raging ocean at my feet. It was just so fantastic!

Everything was just shattering my bleeding heart even more. As if not having enough hurt already, I let Mr Bocelli sing Con Te Partiro with his soul shaking voice. Oh my, I felt like jumping from the high porch straight to the open arms of the raging waves below! I cried and cried and cried till the rain finally stopped and the sun peeped between the clouds. The waiters preparing breakfast at a restaurant nearby might think I was crazy, or desperate, or both.

Then recently, just a day after I decided to walk out of J's life, I also went to Jogja. Only a matter of hours after landing my arse back to the city, a friend of mine took me to Losari Coffee Plantation. It's a boutique resort situated on a beautiful, lush working coffee plantation nestled in the highland of Magelang.

We went there so as just to have a decent coffee and snack at the restaurant. Like I knew what's exactly gonna happen, I felt like seeing J everywhere there. How could I not? Every table was occupied by people talking Dutch, mostly couples. (No wonder, the land was first owned by a Dutch family!) And some of the caucasian guys were holding the hands of local girls' while waiting for their food. (The service there is bad! It took almost an hour just to have my ginger tea served!)

Great! After the next break up, I think I wanna go to Kampung Sampireun. Should've gone with P 2 years ago in October, but he chose to give up the plan ... oh no, just me! He chose to give up on me, not the plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT