channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, February 07, 2005

I Could Be Your Whatever

J,
I could be your warmth of desire
I could be your prayer of hope
I could be your gift of everyday
I could be your tide of heaven
I could be your black-eyed angel
I could be the storm before the calm
I could be your secret pleasure
I could be your well-wishing well
I could be your breath of life
I could be your house-by-the-sea dream
I could be your worry partner
I could be your socialite
I could be your alter ego
I could be your force of light
I could be your temple garden
I could be your trance music
I could be your tender-hearted child
I could be your paradise island
I could be your sand on the beach
I could be your sun to get you tan
I could be your thunder in the clouds
I could be your compressed air tank when you dive
I could be your warm blanket in winter days
I could be your beer, red wine, or Cuba Libre
I could be your wasabi in shoyu sauce
I could be your Blackberry
I could be your Hate Ironing Day
I could be your CNN to kill the time
I could be your FeDex Priority
I could be your dark enclosure
I could be your romantic soul
I could be your courtesan
I could be your shrink
I could be your flatmate
I could be your bestfriend
I could be your small beginning
I could be your soothing universe
I could be your ordinary
I could be the one

But the stars we once gazed upon together told me not to. So I surrendered to their gentle persuasion.

* Modified from Donna Lewis' song I Could Be The One

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Roti & Kopi said...

Another favorite of mine! I like the continuous repetitions :)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

Thank you, sweetheart. I really do wish my muse read this ... and weep!:D Repetition isn't always boring, is it? In fact, it sometimes gets so unbelievably comforting that you care less to have wild-word adventures. And since it's very rare to find comfort in this ever-crazy world, then yea, comfort is good!;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT