channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Bosom Got Aching

Hendry Lamiri, the country's renowned violinist, was on stage at Mandiri Bank's agreement signing with Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. When he played Love Story on his green violin, it was so earth-shatteringly beautiful that smoke got in my eyes, though I wasn't smoking at the moment.

My bosom got more aching by the stupefying note he was playing dexterously. It was literally aching as if I had a cardiac pain. Or remember those stories of people being sat on by a gendruwo (an ugly, giant underworld creature in Javanese urban myth)? It was sort of like that. The soreness up my chest was partly because I was trying so hard to hold myself from dropping any liquid from my blue-eye-shadowed eyes in front of Mandiri Bank people.

But to no avail. And I swear they saw that salty water coming out of the window of my soul when I had to wipe it. How unprofessional of me! I was, of course, ashamed of my old stupid self!

My mood then suddenly turned from bad to worse, but it's a good thing that the event took place at my favorite shopping mall because afterward I cheered myself up with a pair of new shoes. Yes, impulsive purchase always helps in times of wretchedness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT