channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Addiction Devotee

I just realized that I've grown addiction to mango juice sold at a small bistro (it's really small, family owned, and unpretentious restaurant, indeed!) located just a few steps away from my dwelling hut. I'm talking about fresh mango juice here. Not too sweet, not too sour, sans lait or whipped cream ... just perfect! It kind of surprised me they got mangoes at this time of the year, while whenever I went to other places promising "Fresh Juices" on the menu cards, when I asked for a mango juice, all they could deliver to serve was the canned one. Like any other promises, the fresh-mango-juice promise is also made to be broken!

But that was before fate let me enter that small bistro in one late evening. From that time on, my life is incomplete without a portion of fresh mango juice. Men can ditch me, work can suck up my youth, friends can stab me in the back, but as long as my throat gets its daily intake of mango juice, then I know I will still have the world in my hand.

Speaking of addiction, here are some of my other addictions I've built through my adult life:

1. Spontaneous things. Be it friends out of the blue picking me up for a cup of Starbuck's signature mocha latte at 3 AM, experimenting the magic of faint lights from garden lamps with a digital camera, introducing myself as a bride-to-be so I could be given the chance to try on a wedding gown, or a part-time lover suddenly inviting me to fly for a tapas at a secluded tapas bar near Orchard, I guess I dig the euphoric state of doing unplanned things.

2. Cheezums Pringles. I can chew the whole big can within minutes all by myself. (I know, I know, gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins! So what?) And if there's ever God, then yes, I feel like seeing Him right in front of my delusional eyes. After all, my eyes have let out quite amount of salt these days, that it's only fair if I balance it by taking a lot of salt as well.

3. The cute smell of my dogs' feet. Those of dog lovers must know exactly what I mean. If you're not, or even chickened out every time sees a dog, then just forget this and move on to the next point.

4. Half-cooked of any kinds of pancakes: kue cubit, poffertjes, waffles, etc. My tongue never seems to get enough of feeling that soft texture of hot pancakes giving sweet surrender to a mouth job.

5. The falling rain. Seeing how the drops admit defeat to the law of gravity, then trying to bounce up again to no avail, tells me that falling is the essence of life. Falling snow, falling tears, waterfalls, or even falling hearts (ah yes, I can't agree more that the best love songs are written with a broken heart!) are all beautiful, aren't they?

6. Leaving early from work and race to P's arms. Till now, whenever I have the chance to escape early from work, I still wish I could head to his place. Hanging around his apartment was one of the glorious moments in my life. Not only for expressing steamy lust, but I won't even mind listening to him explaining the case of Enron vs Arthur Andersen again and again and again.

7. First time having sex again after a long pause. I should agree with Charlotte of Sex and The City when she says: "When you stop having sex for a long time, you can be revirginized." It's true, it's true! Only this one is minus that sharp pain and ... of course, blood. And when that unison first begins, mon Dieu!, I witness that heaven really exists! (No wonder everybody tries their asses off - they're even willing to kill - to get in there!)

8. J's breathtaking brown eyes. Since I saw him off at the Departure Terminal 2, I started to quench my thirst for staring at his beautiful brown eyes by looking at my dog's big, brown eyes. At least my dog loves me and I don't have to think of the price I have to pay for constantly taking mental pictures of those heavenly eyes.

9. Take-off moments. No matter how many times I've flown, I would always have to close my eyes, as if having London Phillarmonic Orchestra playing Pachelbel's Canon in D right in front of me, to savor the emotional delight. I thought I would only do such unclassy thing on my first abroad trip which I paid for myself on my first salary. But it turns out everytime my plane takes off somewhere, I still feel the need to respect that orgasmic sensation by gripping the sides of my seat tightly and close my eyes. Sometimes even till the 'fasten seat belt' signals being turned off!

10. The baritone voice-over narrating movie trailers. Even bad movies would seem a lot better if that voice speaks. I'd like to know the owner, please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT