channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Discrimination

Whenever I eat at some modest culinary joints which don't have any exact measurement for the amount of rice should be served to each guest, I don't know why I'm always given half portioned rice. I didn't even open my lips yet to ask for less rice than my male companions. So I wonder if it's my body size speaking for itself: "I'm fat so I need to be on a diet that I only eat little rice!" or it's my femininity conveying an unspoken message: "I'm a female so I don't pig out!"

Each time given half portioned rice, I always have to send back the rice and ask for more. And each time I do that, the waiter would giggle and say: "Oh, I thought you wanted to have half portion!". And each time I respond in anger as trying to cope with the insult: "Did I inform you that I want to have less rice?", he would defend himself: "But any other females ever coming here usually eat half portioned rice, so I thought you were one of them". And when I want to snap whether I look like all those regular females, he might reply: "You think you're special, eh?" That would surely be enough for me to admit how correct he is. And each time seeing this sort of scene, my male companions could only look at me in amazement.

So what? I'd rather eat enough amount of lunch which my stomach decides - not someone else or in this case, waiters or restaurant owners - than eating less but by 3 PM I need to cheer up the worms again.

I do eat much and I'm not ashamed of it.

2 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger holiday_sendiri said...

one of the reasons why i worship you :)

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

Such words coming from you, darling, I'm glad I don't have any modelling contract with Victoria's Secret at the moment!;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT