channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Extra Virgin

Upon eating salad at some Italian restaurant, a waiter approached me and nicely asked: "Would you care for more extra virgin olive oil, Miss?"

Extra VIRGIN olive oil! I was dumbfounded for a moment, that I let the fork poking fresh green lettuce float in mid-air, just before my slightly open mouth.

Regaining my consciousness split seconds later, I weakly shook my head as a signal for a no. Being offered extra virgin olive oil was like being offered to masturbate in a church, only later I had to confess it to a priest. Or it was like breaking death news to the parents of someone I had just killed. I felt so opposite of being virgin that I didn't deserve to have more extra virgin - even if it's only olive oil!

Note: Labels such as virgin, extra virgin, and pure are used to categorize olive oils according to their acidity.

1 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Blogger holiday_sendiri said...

LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT