channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Friday, February 18, 2005

A Random Act Of Kindness

Trying to cheer me up, a gay friend of mine gave me a number of his new contact from his gay circle. Five minutes earlier, he was enthusiastically describing what this guy looks like: a Costa Rican - which I imagine would look like a Ricky Martin, possesses such a libido-throbbing body, and probably a good dancer (hmm ... a good dancer makes a good partner in bed!) When he told me his name was Enrique, I could feel my mouth drooling in saliva.

He: Here, write down his number. Hopefully he's a bi.
I: Are you nuts? This guy is gay!
He: We don't know yet if that's a fixed bargain. There's always a possibility that he's also a bi.
I: What would I do with his number?
He: Try to call him. Talk to him. Charm him.
I: He's a gay for God's sake!
He: Just write his number down and call him if you've changed your mind.

How sweet that he wanted to help me find a man! But it's funny. It's weird. I didn't see it coming. I felt like the world's biggest, shameful failure for getting a gay contact. I feel like laughing now. Wait, let me just do it. Hahahahahahaha! Oh my!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT