channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I Don't Hate V's Day

I changed my mind. I've decided not to really hate V's Day anymore. Though in the morning yesterday I mocked each and every incoming text congratulating me Happy V's Day blah blah blah ... crap!

Yesterday, which happened to be a V's Day, was actually not a bad day for me, despite my miserable love life and just having stood up by some guy promising me a romantic dinner. However, what I got yesterday was even better than if I had had a love life or really gone to that dinner with him. I got a red rose alright, I got heart-shaped chocolates alright, I drank countless glasses of nice champagne at a fancy place alright, I was surrounded by charming guys and had nice conversations alright (this time they're straight, thank you!), I got V's card alright, I got compilation love songs CD alright, I got V's gift alright.

But most of all, I got beautiful friendship from beautiful people having beautiful souls.

The last text I received before I went to bed with a little kick from champagne was:
"I want you to know that there are people who really love and care for you. Anyway, I receive a glimpse of heaven by loving you!"

It was from one of my best friends. For the first time in a very long time, I went to sleep smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT