channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, February 14, 2005

Fortune Cookie Divination

At a grand opening dinner of a Chinese restaurant in a hotel located in the heart of Jakarta, a piece of paper in my fortune cookie says: "You will win success in whatever calling you adopt"

I've been having a very strong calling to learn French lately. I’m gonna sign up next week at the nearest Centre Culturel Francais for 4-hour class every Saturday starting March. Hopefully I can manage to survive the first 5-month course and succeed in working on my French 'rrrrrrrrr' without having to embarrass myself! Well, even if I will - and I think I will - I don't care! It's not my mother tongue, anyway!

At a greater point, I really do hope something good finally has in store for me somewhere down the road by learning French. Backpacking to France? C'est si bon! Learning how to make wines in one of the châteaus in Bordeaux or one of the villages in Bourgogne? La vie en rose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT