channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, February 14, 2005

Decent Lads, Where Art Thou

Waking up with another big, already-yellow pimple on my chin, when I turned off the buzzing alarm on my cellphone, I saw 1 new message. I pressed - and * buttons to keypad activate it. It was from the guy I should go to dinner with tonight.

"Chik, I'm truly sorry. I planned to call you later when I arrive in Jakarta. I have to cancel dinner tonite, I have to attend dinner hosted by a big client. Later I call you again."
Date: 14/02/2005, Time: 6:00:56 AM (Singapore time, 5:00:56 AM Jakarta time)

I don't care if he cancelled the dinner date. Really! But for the love of God of Good Manners, he could've had the courtesy to tell me at least 24 hours in prior, instead of throwing me I-planned-to-call-you-later-when-I-arrive-in-Jakarta line! By the time he would really call when he's landed at the airport, for example, I don't think he would remember calling me because he'd have so many other more important thoughts in mind than just an unimportant dinner date with someone unimportant. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I think he would really call me long after he has landed in Jakarta. While it would really happen, I would've been in my dating mode for the whole long day - dressed to the nines, which would initially cost me 2 extra hours just to choose the right outfit to wear, which, yes, I would have to change for more or less 40 times before deciding the right one and make my room a lot worse than the sinking Titanic afterward. Then I would have to find the right shades of makeup matched with the outfit. Not to mention all this bullshit would be wrapped in high heeled shoes, which I would have to wear the whole day. (Carrying 2 pairs of shoes to work?! I don't fucking think so!) And I would also have to call up my boss to make an excuse to show up late at work, for I actually would stop by at a salon to get my hair done on the way to the office. What such a waste of time for such a frog?!

He could've at least right away replied my text sent at 8:51 PM (Jakarta time, 9:51 PM Singapore time) asking: 'Are we still on for a dinner tomorrow on the pseudo public holiday invented by greeting cards industry?'

I'm so not gonna answer his dinner invitation ever again. I've just been wondering - again and again - decent lads, where art thou???!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Rambling Rose Cottage said...

I hope things get better for you! Take care!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

Thank you, Gina. I'll keep counting each and every well wish coming my way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT