channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Friday, June 24, 2005

As Hope Goes By

At this time last year, I was so full hope. My life was so complete that I thought it was finally my turn to let hope take flight. I arrogantly told myself I had done something good and that time last year, there came my reward. I greedily drank up the bliss that I didn't even bother to check out the price tag.

And you wouldn't find my postings here during this time last year. The fact I was too overjoyed to sit still and my head too heavy from being surrounded by big, happy lightbulbs, kept my fingers away from any buttons on the computer keyboard.

I can't write when I'm too happy.

Funny how 12 months, 52 weeks, and 365 days later, the word 'hope' isn't even available in my dictionary. I'm not lying. Go find it. After 'hop', the entry goes straight to 'hopeless'. Though 'hopeless' won't exist without 'hope', you can see the word isn't found there.

Now this time of the year, tears have stopped and wounds have dried. Only hope has vanished. It's proven by how easily words pouring out since December went by.

4 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger Paul said...

What are you hopeless about?

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger C. Hedges said...

Don't be hopeless. There is always hope. It's just a matter of taking charge of your destiny and making things happen.

Sometimes projecting a confident and optimistic attitude is enough to change things around.

Deliberate Chaos

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Lorena said...

let me guess, you were in love? to in bliss to check the price tag, love that line. it's true but i'm glad you enjoyed it while it lasted. you have to remember, some people haven't reached this high you speak of. some people have never known love.

are you serious about 'hope' in the dictionary? you are making me look you know!

listen we seem to be in the same place despite a diff road we took but i want you to have hope, ok?!! :)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

"There is always hope"

I think I need to recite the sentence in front of the bathroom mirror for 20 times in the morning.

Thanks, everybody. From now on, I will have myself hope again. Hope to own a metal heart, so if it should crash, it won't be broken. Or else, I will simply hope for an SRS airbag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT