channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Monday, July 11, 2005

Has The Rain Stopped?

My life suddenly goes so right that it feels so wrong. I've been so used to living under rainclouds that when the rain stops and the dark clouds move away from my head to welcome the shining sun, I just don't dare to close my umbrella. I'm afraid the rain just might fall again any time soon, that it's better keep my umbrella opened. I can't stand the sun, anyway.

I didn't know what I've done to ever deserve to get my babies .... ehm I mean, my columns back this soon. That alone was enough to give me a good reason to wake up in the morning and look forward to every Wednesday and Thursday when I would usually have a quality time with them.

But that was not all. A phone call from a superior almost made me jump from my seat when I was informed that in 2 weeks I will have a first class cabin cruising from Singapore to Malaysia and Phuket Island in Thailand ... FOR FREE! I've always been dying to go on a vacation by the sea despite all the memories I buried between the grains of sand in some paradise islands, but having my secret prayer answered in this elegant way ... I was just speechless.

And I still am.

I guess I will have to make sure there's enough money in my account, just in case I'm faced with expensive bill and the payment for whatever price has to be done in cash. And yes, keep an umbrella at all time, for even the sun can get so fierce.

Oh rain, should I really close my umbrella, would you stay away from me?

3 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger Lorena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Lorena said...

Congratulations!! :) how amazing. think of all the inspiration you can get on this trip that can pour over into your writing! wow. you are lucky. does that mean you will be missing from the blog world for awhile?

i think you should close that umbrella. bask in the sun. enjoy it completely. i think so.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Indiaphile said...

The Love-Boat like trip was cancelled, for my big, big boss didn't allow me to answer the cruise invitation. I feel like killing him for that, for crying out loud! But I'll still get to go to Singapore next week. And yes, the most important thing is that my columns are mine again.

That's what counts. There will still be another ship to take me on a cruise ... someday.

Ah Lo, my umbrella is too pretty to be closed. I'll leave it opened so people can admire its beautiful color and motif:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT