channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Friday, February 11, 2005

Being Mr E. Edward Grey

Here's to answer the questions asked by Lee Halloway (Maggie Gyllenhaal) to her boss, Mr E. Edward Grey (James Spader) in the movie Secretary* when they first make love and she - for the first time in her life - feels beautiful:

1. What's your mom like?
She has a good heart actually, but we don't really get along. It's because whenever she forbids her children from doing things, she doesn't reason enough because she doesn't know how to reason. It's because she just accepts everything without asking. And to her, the world is all black and white, no grey color. Most of the lines she speaks, she copies them from my father over and over again that it's almost believable they're her own.

2. What's her name?
Magdalena Sutami

3. What did it say under your picture in the senior book?
Most of my classmates said I was ignorant and rebellious.

4. Who was your first love?
My classmate in the elementary named Adrian. He was so drop-dead gorgeous and one of the top students in my class. Every girl was after him, I guess!

5. When was the first time you got your heart broken?
At the age of 11, when I saw Adrian spending most of his short breaks with a cute girl from the class next-door named Farah. Back then, of course I didn't know what broken heart was, but surely the first cut was the deepest!

* This movie won a special jury prize at the Sundance Film Festival for originality in 2002, by the way! It's another must-see, definetely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT