channelling my ever-grotesque rage

Friday, February 11, 2005

Short-Term Life Plans Of Mine

I bumped into an old friend last week. During the catching up conversation, he asked me about my life plans. He was surprised when I told him I had none, for I'm never well-planned kind of person. Before parting that afternoon, he told me to write down all I ever want to do in life. I don't know why I finally even listened to him to put my life plans in writing. But here they are:

1. Take French lessons (I do love French movies and watching them without English subtitle would be cool. Let alone finally get to sleep with a Francois, a Jean-Pierre, or a Jaques as a bonus. And I do love French girls too. What's with them that they always look irresistibly adorable on screen even without makeup on?!)

2. Start working on my book by at least writing the outline. Do some research too. Or at least write more short stories and rewrite or edit my old ones to be compiled into a book.

3. Do contact anyone needing a freelance copywriter for more income - get the money and get myself a holiday. I have lots of places to go!

4. Explore interesting places in my city and beyond on weekends for my bi-weekly travel column and CHARGE the company for it.

5. Hang out more with my happy-single-ass-kicking juniors from college and gay friends. Straight people at my age are either married or in serious relationships. They can be toxic.

6. Get a decent pair of high-heeled shoes to go dancing with them (people at no. 5) at the hottest clubs in town.

7. Eat more fibers on daily basis.

8. Go to bookstores more often. Check out the latest hot books and look around if there are approachable guys with a nice smile and would answer decently when I ask: "Do you think this book is good and worthy enough to buy?"

9. Talk more with mother. Her colleagues adore her, why can't I?

10. Make peace with the past. At least no more checking out Amsterdam's time on my cellphone. Erase the goddamn city from the cellphone's memory ... and also from mine! Remember, I didn't even feel loved the whole time I was with him, so why the tears?

11. Have enough balls to erase all the pictures with him in it. This is one of the parts of ending relationship I hate the most! Lesson for next time: don't take too many pictures together, or don't take pictures together at all! So when things don't work, I won't have any pictures to delete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT